sunday 29 march 2009

The best of Dorset – treading the boards!

Today, most of the choir met outside the stage door at the pavilion theatre, for our 20 minutes of wider fame! We had a quick run through of ‘joyful, Joyful’ as we had to find the 8 voices for the solo lines, and replace Hannah with Jenny and Becky!

We couldn’t clap, or step and click, as we were holding big black folders of hastily photocopied words, and would have clouted each other with them! Generously, members of WOW in the front row clapped for us.

I found the folders a bit heavy and had to swap arms halfway through, although this could have just been the nervous tension in my shoulders! I also tried very hard to look up and sing out, glancing at the words to keep me from (mostly) singing the wrong ones, but I kept losing my place on the page and so used my finger to follow the lines. This helped Ed who got lost at one point but could see my little finger sliding down the page and all was saved again by the phantom blogger!

Folk trickled in as we were performing, those that could tear themselves away from the 12o’clock canon. We later heard that many thought it was fantastic.

After our stint on stage we got lost in the big black curtains known as ‘the wings’ before heading upstairs for a drink. There was much talk and a few chips, before Ed went downed a pint of cider, but whether this was Dutch courage for his slot, or commiseration for our performance, we will have to guess.

The naughty corner asked Michael and Ed about official Dorset for Singing clothing, encompassing for example hoodies, polo shirts and thongs embroidered with our logo. I asked them a bit more about it when I found them outside standing in the road, talking about using three or four colours for the clothes so we could still look colourful. A man approached us and said our singing was good and I grabbed him and demanded to know if he was Blog Reader, but he wasn’t, so I let him go!

We are all going out for dinner next week. Have a great Easter, if I don’t see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment