2 july 2009

Term Three

Week 10 – The colour is turquoise…

So says our Yvonne, and she leaned on me, so I would blog it so there you are! And before you go all dum-dum-diddley on me and say you don’t have any turquoise tops or frocks, there’s no harm in throwing yellow, blue and shades of into the mix, and imagine how amazing a smattering of cerise would look! And I should know, as I am a proper artist now. I will be showing some work along with ‘Artwey’ at pilgrim house for spirit of the sea, so do pop along, before or after the concert, either will do. Check out Dorset for singing on the Spirit of the sea website, and Artwey is listed next to us. Just another incentive to wear turquoise, and look all marine-like.

Sorry about that one big paragraph, but it was all deliciously linked. Thank you to those that said they enjoyed last week’s blog, see how good it is when Michael doesn’t edit any of my jokes out? I can’t work out why it was particularly enjoyed, perhaps it was the baby element, and everyone likes good news!

The big thing that stands out for me from this weeks practice, apart from Ed of course, was that our songs should sound different, and be sung in different ways. Pop songs poppy, and choir songs … well didn’t we have fun with Jerusalem? As a child I sat too close to the TV watching Songs of Praise with my sister, and we tried to put out fingers in the mouths of those people singing with them very wide open. Jerusalem should be sung on Saturday with these very same open mouths and the feeling that you are taking the Mickey out of [insert classically trained singer here].

And remember, if there are any very hard bits, funny harmonies etc, then just miss them out, and smile like you meant it. Im waffling a bit now, as I’m just getting nervous, as our concert looms. See you next week, when we ‘get in’, at 6.30 before Ed rushes off to some teachers booze-up. I love you all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment