20 june 2009

Term Three

Preston Garden Party – doing it all al fresco!

Well done Dorset for Singing, not only can we charm garden party attendees away from the chutney stall, but balance almost our entire selves on a miniature stage and not fall off halfway through. Thanks to everyone who came to sing that day, and found the venue as well, I was certainly glad of the map.

We sang out hearts out and did our best to be heard, and I was interested to hear that Ed’s organ wasn’t heard very well at all, perhaps a little better towards the end. It isn’t easy to clap with printed-words in our sticky hands, and every time I tried to not have words I would sing ‘in’ instead of ‘on’ and other silly things like that, so sorry for looking silly while trying to be clever! It wasn’t very easy to move and I could see Yvonne hanging on for dear life during the swaying of Happy Day.

Did you see my small fuzzy children sitting at the front with their dad? And our choir member Stephanie currently on sabbatical to work on ‘Rock’ this year came to support us too. I’m hoping her pictures turn out nice and that she emails some to me soon. Thanks Stephanie!

And I would just like to add that not ever, never am I ever referred to as Pussy-Cat. Ever. Now keep singing, for the main event, July 11th!

No comments:

Post a Comment