Summer '09 ...

Random blog entry –
I dreamed a dream …

I must be missing choir as I had a dream about it last night. It was in an odd venue where the toilet had only pull-down blinds instead of a door, but that’s another story. Michael disappeared halfway through and there was no warm up, just Ed starting to sing a song and we could join in when we could. One woman sang the last line with him and we clapped. A few women had babies with them, and asked me if I was going swimming.

After the song, people got out musical instruments and I was miffed that I hadn’t known, as I would have brought my mandolin. A rather dishy male member of choir who was also in postman’s uniform played a balalaika, and had helped me to get into choir by pulling me in through the window!

Enough of my tortured mind, roll on September 24th! Mind you I did meet three other choir members last weekend, plus Robert, huge fan of Dorset for Singing and potential new member. Our Daphne and Robert asked me to sing a solo at Radipole United Reform Church last Sunday evening and I ended up singing two. It’s my lucky number. Sue and Jackie sang a duet together and Daphne accompanied me. The first verse of ‘Lead kindly light’ I did A Cappella. Scary!

Robert came to the last too concerts choir held, and thought this last one was the best, with a great atmosphere and very uplifting songs. He was very impressed, and it was lovely to get some feedback from a member of the audience and a singer himself. Daphne and I may yet pressgang him into choir yet, perhaps in the New Year, Robert hinted!

It’s super to see the forum being used for chat and ideas, well done ‘Dorset for Singing’, and thanks for the comments on the blog. Missing you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment