12 may 2009 - also Cat's Birthday !

The pub-party
Session 1, 12th May

In a bid for democracy and something Ed referred to as ‘social knitting’, the new pub-party met in The Spa for the first time, and plan to try and do this at least once per term. All choir members are welcome, but the jokes might be a bit ruder than Thursday nights. Jenny looked at me sternly, and told me to write a blog post for this night too! Ed said he didn’t want to be a dictator.

We talked a bit about a slot for performing at The Rectory garden party, Preston, and provisionally pencilled in 12 noon for that. We need to agree on our dress for that event, and are aware that there is a loose 50’s theme for the event. Rolling entertainment runs from 11am till 3pm of half hour slots not yet allocated. We will bag one for choir and one for Ed himself. Who is going to roll Ed?

The most time was taken up discussing our concert on the 11th July. We decided on tickets at £2.50 for adults again, and £1 for children over 5 years, and will sell BBQ food and drinks at a very reasonable price. The event will begin at 6pm and our raffle will be drawn at 8.40, with bundled prizes instead of lots of individual drawings. Carole Anders will take charge of gathering lots of goodies. We need some good, headed paper in order to go begging for donations. I will approach Wessex FM much earlier and use my super powers to get us some mentions.

I fed back to the group about my recent trip to Stylish Stitches, with samples, ideas and pricing, but we do need the input of the whole choir, so will mention this to them, but now we have a cost im mind, and may well be able to subsidise uniform. Jenny thanked me for enquiring about embroidered thongs.

We are still looking for a big fancy venue to sing, to publicise ourselves, and the special song ‘starlight’. Pretty Sherbourne Abbey is out, so we are looking at alternatives like Wimbourne and Christchurch. I bet we end up at Christchurch. I promised to tell May why that bothers me, perhaps at the next social knitting?

Everyone seems happy with our new 6.45 start, and we would all quite like some faster songs too, if only to watch the Naughty Corner get all out of puff again! They should really make good use of their pelvic floors and bellies.. For singing power, I mean!

The issue of charity to support will be brought up in September, perhaps voting on a new charity for next academic year, and could include more publicity if we do.

AOB consisted of the best rendition of Happy Birthday I have ever heard, nothing like a party with a bunch of luvvies! And we finished up at 9pm, as you can see we did a lot of talking! Thanks for my card, and the first beer I had in about two years … you know who you are XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment