29 jan 2009

term 2, Week 3 – 4 in one night!

Ed told us the real date for THE BEST OF DORSET, its Sunday 29th March, and our next concert will be on Thursday 26th March. Iron your coloured top and your black trousers, when you have finished your parachutes (to the tune of “I Love You!”).
“I love you,” was this weeks new warm up. It was ok untill it got really fast. I think Ed chooses it because he really does think of us very dearly, for example, last week on ‘facebook’ he said, “What an awesome rehearsal! Left me feeling all fizzy and proud of the good people of Dorset For Singing.” Can’t wait to see what he adds this week, especially after the goings on in the naughty corner.

“I am learning how to sing”, was given a new fun twist when Ed added two lines referring to the choir blog – are you reading this as a consequence? I can’t believe some people actually managed to sing it. I laughed so hard I was useless for about 10 minutes…

We sang all the songs we did so far, working more on ‘build me up, buttercup’ adding more to the backing vocals and making sure we did the right OOOO-oooo-OOOO. This one is sounding good too, now.

Some forward placing, and opening of the throat is needed for ‘you raise me up’ which gets very high in places. See Ed for any technical clarification. If you don’t remember to put a gap in it, you too will have to duck all the things that will be thrown at you, so make sure you are on the ball next week. Don’t be like Hannah.

Then we introduced our new song for this week, ‘joyful joyful’, and Hannah and Ed sang though the soloists part at the beginning giving us a run through first. It has some very odd wibbley bits. And an easy bit where you sing “fill uuuuuuuuuuuussssss” quite a lot.

For the concert a soloist will be needed for the first verse, and Ed invited people to come forward and audition at the end. A cluster of youngsters gathered round Ed’s clavinova. I had to go home; some one sitting behind me pointed out that I wasn’t one of the youngsters. I gave Daphne a lift home anyway and that was nice. If you have space in your car, offer your services at the next choir meeting, or on facebook or the website, and we can also be a greener choir too.

No comments:

Post a Comment