5 november 2009

Term one Week six
Dvds are here!

Sorry if you missed your Sunday blog read, choir fans, as I rushed out on Friday morning, whirled through my weekend, and realised Monday morning I had forgotten to blog. Many of you know that my youngest children are 3, 3 and 18 months, and rumour has it I fed them all my brains for breakfast one day in lieu of scrambled eggs. As Ed would say, it’s easily done.

Chris was present for tonight rehearsal; with a bag of dvds … so that’s our summer concert and our very first one last year all edited and accounted for. We need to look to Michael soon for the Easter concert. Will it happen before baby Anders pops out? I do hope so, then I can complete my Starlight box set made from recycled weetabix boxes.

Our new warm up exercise is fun. Basically try to sound like one of those sliding whistles, across an octave – the one that covers your breaking point. Don’t try it in Asda. I actually discovered my breaking point, once, in Asda.

We tackled our new song today, back in the hall, and with Ed conducting made parts of ‘the river of dreams’ sound quite good. There are some jumbly bits with too many lyrics in the lines, and dear choir, we must learn these in our bedrooms so that we can impress everyone else this Thursday. I will be there with ‘youtube’ while I peal some vegetables. But the bit where we all do backing parts, a capella is good. Ed was really impressed.

Keep singing! I still love you, even if I forget to blog you … Cat XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment