11 july 2009

Summer Concert and BBQ – Hot Dog!

Well, our first year together as Dorset For Singing has ended, and didn’t we go out with a bang? We were bigger, better, brighter and blue-er than ever before, although of course I’d need to see footage of the first concert to confirm this! Perhaps soon, even if it means you all come over to my house!

The new seating, and food and drink flowing certainly seemed to create a lovely relaxed atmosphere, especially for soloists, and my fears of singing to empty chairs and empty tables as hungry audience members clustered round smoking coals were unfounded. Only a few issues with words on the screen this time, both of mine songs, and the words for starlight, which we haven’t been singing very long. Luckily, I am a true professional and kept singing!

Unfortunately I have now been unmasked to the general public live on stage, and can expect more stalkers to go along with ‘blog reader’. Thank you to those members that put me up to give Ed a vote of thanks, as it was a good idea.

I can’t believe that we won’t meet again until September; I am going to have to treat you to a few extra curricula blogs perhaps? But perhaps we can all also meet for a social, like some karaoke or watching that DVD …

A great ending to last night’s concert too, with an encore, not bad! And as we had relaxed and had a giggle, we really put some welly into it and really enjoyed it. Now then, remember I still love you, and have a great summer XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment