5 march 2009

Week 7 – when I nod my head –hit it!

Weight loss – unconfirmed - probably 0lb

Ed was cold. Very, very cold. So he wore Daphne’s hat, and soon he was toasty and feisty again! He switched the screen off in search of a buzzing noise and we had to wait for it to warm up again. The whole choir was filled with horror at the thought of practice without words.

Michael had brought some lovely shiny posters to advertise our next concert. A member brought her clarinet, and others brought words and suggestions for solos, and sang around the clavinova. I nearly brought a giant mouse head just for fun, but I didn’t.

We worked on the two songs from last week, joyful, joyful and the lords my shepherd, and we had forgotten most of the harmonies. Joyful, joyful is sung so fast it is beginning to sound like soup. That must have warmed Ed’s cockles…do remember that only Ed, who is conducting with it, is allowed to nod his head. We are not donkeys, even though we have to sing EEEE-AAAWWWW, each week!

The new song, California Dreaming, is well known to most of us, although there was squawking and clucking about the different words, mostly from me. Sorry about that. I do have the best of mamas and papas CD that I play a lot in the car… the instrumentals were good, I can see Ed really knows this one.
Michael tried to play us the song on youtube, to end the fighting, but it wouldn’t work. A member suggested this song. If you have any others please add them to the forum on here …or keep them to yourself for singing as a solo!

Some members gathered round the piano again at the end to try for a few solo lines in tonight’s hymns, and most of us went back out into what was left of the snow.

Sorry I f you are still waiting for a nice photo of me, Michael said he would do it as soon as he has finished his next cup of tea…in the meantime he’s getting some sets of words together for those without access to a computer. That wouldn’t be you, would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment