26 march 2009

term 2, Week 10 – el concerto!
Weight loss – No comment. Seriously. See my solicitor and don’t mention it on the blog.

Weymouth’s community choir does exactly what is says on the tin. The choir gives its members the opportunity to perform, and if any want to, to stand up there and sing alone. And last night again we brought good people of Weymouth and further afield together for an evening of song, and as more than one person said to me afterwards, there was something for everyone.

When I joined Dorset for Singing I had no idea it would take me to centre stage for a couple of solos, but what a great opportunity that is, all ears upon you, bright lights and your own pianist, nerves and wobbly notes, and all! J is too young to join choir yet but performed with backing vocals from Ed, and I am glad he did it despite his nerves and hope he joins us when he can.

Choir was a bit thinned out due to illness, some gave apologies and some turned up anyway with croaky voices and gungy sinuses, myself included! More then one of us had been steaming our lungs before coming. Ed advised the addition of a lemon to the water, but all I had were some bananas. Apparently, Maria Callas used to eat tomatoes before singing, so I will try that for the summer concert and BBQ. A tomato at a BBQ sounds ok, doesn’t it?

Of course we also worked together to raise money for the starlight foundation, and they always send some real stories for Michael to share with us, and despite having a smaller audience than last December we still raised over £600. Go Dorset for Singing!

So there’s my review of the concert, and if you are reading this in the Echo under the name Ed Hintze then it means I’ve been copied and pasted! Never mind, I’m always edited as well, this being a family blog. And that’s all for now because I will drop you a line after Sundays performance too. And buy you an Easter egg too, if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment