22 jan 2009

term 2, Week 2 – Mama Mia !

We were promised a treat at the end of choir this week, and I think we really enjoyed it. More about that at the end of course, just to keep you in suspense if you weren’t there! In the news section, when ed stands at the front and tells us things he remembers at random, we learned that we had been invted to be part of “The Best Of”, which will take place at the pavillion, shortly before our next concert, in march. A bit of confustion about the date, etc – just look out for more information in the events section of our lovely website.

Best warm up today was the Dum-Dum-Diddley-Dum, there was another new one too, but its disapeared from my brain. Why did I volunteer to be blogger? Singing Dum-Dum-Diddley does seem to fit with the ‘pop’ songs we are now tackling.

We dived into the take that number, ‘rule the world’, with gusto, especially as we knew would have to be extra good to get our treat. Ed had forgotten how many couruses we were doing but we soon added those all back in. some ‘lose women’ at the back enjoyed singing it so much that they said it was better than … a cup of tea …
Onto you raise me up. We are singing this one quite high, and have to be very clever and start the key-change courus on our own. We did ok, ed was still pleased and we were still on schedule for our surprise! I have to say thins song confuses me. If I try to sing it without any youtube, I end up halfway through ‘danny boy’ before I have finished singing the verse. Does anyone else do this?

We had a quick run through of ‘build me up, buttercup’, I think this one is going to be good fun too. One of the comments I heared at the concert was that my song upped the tempo a bit and made a nice change. We wont hear that comment next time!
And our treat? Singing MAMA MIA with the propper music, right through! It felt like a workout. We can tick off aerobics then for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment