DFS Dorchester 11/03/15

  Ed suggested we aim for a little concert perhaps in the early part of the Summer term, so no need to panic. It will be in the church which is lovely as the acoustics there are wonderful.

I hope it wont be too much of a shock when we practice in the room at the back on March 25th, this being the last one before Easter. Ed suggested we go to the pub afterwards to recruit some men, I'm p.r.e.t.t.y. sure thats what he said?

Whilst those Weymouth girls (under sixty) and not men, are literally battling it out to become international, spoon playing, dinner-ladies in a chocolate ad, we in Dorchester, are having our own issues with the big screen. The one with the lyrics on it. Things can only get better. If you would like to print out your own copies to bring to rehearsal, you can find them on the Dorset For Singing website. Click on SONGS and Bobs your uncle. If by any chance Bob IS your Uncle, do bring him to choir, we girls are desperate.

I should tell you about the singing. Last night we did a kind of didgeridoo warm up, followed by some siren sounds, making a point of not peaking too soon. Quite difficult whilst giggling!

All warmed up and ready we started with I get Around, then spent some time on The King and I, followed by Chicken Tikka (sorry, I must learn the correct name). Ed reminded us of all the harmonies, and we tried, we really did, and its all beginning to sound more confident. Like Maria in The Sound of Music, I skip off with my peasant dress and battered suitcase, singing The Hills Are Alive, as I slowly lose the plot. Too old for adverts indeed! Over and out, Carole M

No comments:

Post a Comment