21 October 2010

I love your delicate way ...

Ed thanked us for performing so well at All Saints' Church, and confirmed what a pleasant surprise our singing of 'Silence is Golden' had been. I don't know if you felt the same as me when we opened our mouths to sing it, but I thought it sounded quite good! Now i know it wasn't the audience joining in, after all! Ed also apologised for going wrong in 'Like a Prayer', which wont happen again, his apology I mean, not the mistake in the music! You can click on the tab below, but will only ever find one blog entry. I don't think the audience noticed so that's OK.

We had some fun tonight with new songs, a 'Les Mis' number that is 300 times faster than Su Bo, an innocently sounding ballad from 'The Feeling' which turns out to be about drinking wine, and a lovely bit of cheese, namely a shawaddy waddy number and 'bye bye baby' which make me think of my itchy tartan trousers, all those years ago (when i was a preschooler, honest!), not forgetting a chance for the men to expose their bass voices with 'Breaking Up is Hard to Do'

It's half term next week, so don't come to choir, and when you come the week after, expect mud, getting lost and bring a torch, as we try to negotiate our way into the music room from a secret back passage, due to the main route being blocked off by works of some kind. Rather par for the course in Weymouth and Portland at the moment...

I will miss you next week, never mind, you lot can always read my other blog if you miss me too much. I will be trying to turn Ed into a Duck. Hugs, Cat xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment