14 October 2010

Yikes!

As I type, shivering at some obscenely early hour, I realise that tonight is our concert, in a strange new venue, with strange new songs and, although I still don't know where to pitch in two of the songs, I am sure it will be fantastic. Harry is going to steal the show, anyway, with a lovely bit of ukulele.

Today I will try to get Ed to confirm which key my song is in, and try to 'get' the lovely descant part in the last verses of 'story of a heart', remember to feed the children and hope my hard working husband can get home at a decent time to let me leave for my lift tonight (long days at county hall for him). Every time I practice any song, 4 year old Matty starts up with 'you raise me uuuup' in a very loud voice, and I have to stop and listen! It won't be long ...

We do have a big challenge this time of singing very new songs, not like last term when we had performed so much that we only needed the folders to cover up any dresses that were fraying in church (the naughty corner wanted me to put that on the blog. but I think they want more detail than that!), as we knew all our song so well. Just remember to keep an eye on Ed as he cuts off our S's before they hiss all over the church.

Now, would anyone like me to explain Ed's intelligent joke? See you tonight at church dear choir, and remember I love you! Cat xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment