15 October 2010

I am here for the Bucket...

Hello Dorset for singing, I have still not woken up yet, not used to blogging on a relaxed Saturday when I woke up too late to get it done before the children rise!

The choir did really well last night, old members and new ones, belting out some songs we had hardly touched since we started this year's rehearsals only 4 weeks ago, and we really got our heads around 'run' and were pleased to perform this again for an encore. Who doesn't like being asked to do an encore? Having been given the treat of singing the descant part of 'story of a heart' to sing over the last few choruses
only the night before, I spent Friday afternoon learning it, until my Fuzzies (children) begged me to stop! I fluffed it, mixing up most of the lines I had carefully printed out, but no one knows, so it's OK!

It was really really nice to hear all the solos as ever, I always enjoy this section and we had lots of new performers, I love the way our choir grows and changes!

I enjoyed having a rest and a snuggle under my coat as Ed performed, as freshly as if he had just decided to pick them, a selection of tunes from his enormous repertoire, treat for all our hard work, and nice after we had got our own solos under our belts.

Thanks again to Jenny's lovely family for bringing me and taking me home again, Marie and new member Sandra for turning up to support us, Ruth's mum for recording some of the choir that my mum can watch, far away in Lancashire, and Alex for telling me he reads the blog. That's one more person besides me and Ed, then. I went home and stuffed an enormous piece of chocolate cake into my face then lay in bed with Elton John songs running through my head (It's ok, I don't usually get to eat a full dinner before a concert, no room on account of all those butterflies!).

AND we raised a total of £227 to split between the our two chosen charities - not a bad start!

Now here's a bit for Ruch Meech ... Dorset for singing debued on the Rock last night, as they performed alongside their awesome choir master, Ed Hintze, and raised lots of dosh for 2 charities, Dogs for the Disabled and the British Stammering Association this year. Now we just need a great pic from Harry and we are all set.

Thanks dear choir, loved it last night, still on a high and love you lots, see you Thursday when Ed will try to be nice about our singing of 'like a prayer' xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment