27 may 2010 ....

Full Fathom Fifteen ...

well for those that threatened to snatch the sheet from under my nose, or called me a toad, here is the WEY-HEY BAY order of service, version 1.1, and not including nay solos apart, from the one you are helping me out with! And I must squeeze in a thank you at this point, because it sounded great, just like the time you sang along to 'its getting better' at Christmas!

SOS, BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP, THE ROSE, SOMETHING INSIDE SO STRONG, LEAN ON ME, I DREAMED A DREAM, HONEY HONEY, CHASING CARS, LET THE RIVER RUN, MONEY MONEY MONEY, THE PRAYER, SONG OF THE SEA, I'M A BELIEVER, YOU RAISE ME UP, and finally, JERUSALEM!

Yes, we sang all those songs last night, and more if you count DUM-DUM-DIDDLEY. And Ed never once crashed his head down onto his keyboard and wept desperate tears, at last not while we were still there. in fact, I think he's quite excited, and I am sure we all feel much more confident this time, and facing a concert to soon in the term. It has been a lot of fun actually revisiting some old favourites, and a challenge to find we can still improve our performances of those... we know which ones we need to work on, dont we?

i am so pleased to be part of this great, funny, not to serious, clever thoughtful choir, and no i have not been drinking and gone soppy. Its a sort of reply to Ed's FRONT PAGE the other week. And now, for the benefit of the person that left a grumpy comment on the blog, that wasn't the blog. That was a contingency plan. THIS is the Blog. But don't worry, I still love you even when you are grumpy. And now in off to find some grey wool and make a seagull-on-a-stick ...
Have a great half term, and let me know what you get up to ... XXXX

2 comments:

  1. This is the Real blog for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grumpyblogreader28.5.10

    What a wonderful blog, I must say, I was rather confused by the other 'Honey Honey' blog, which is why I left a message. I'm so glad I came across as grumpy, it's the best way to be to prevent one being susceptible to being liked. Have a wonderful break, feel the love.

    ReplyDelete