20th May 2010

This weeks list of songs is all lovely and typed out, not drawn with lipstick on an envelope this time, and very easy to read. This terms big charity concert looms, and now (with a break in the middle for half term) there remain two more practices before WEY-HEY BAY find out how much we kick ... Tickets and posters are now available, and once I have some text for Wessex FM I will contact them by email and phone. I am putting all the songs we do on the blog at the moment, to jog your memories until words and sounds and videos go up on Dorset for Singing propper. That's not my job, but I can help with a few pointers here until the Web Master does some fiddling ...

We started with SOS, and seemed to be missing some soloists - Ed hinted that many of them would also be at a Wedding instead of singing with us on the 12th of June!

It took us a bit of effort this time to get into our I'm a believer voices, to hit the rhythm on the nose - syncopation - but the ending was fab! Well remembered from last time, dear choir!

Ed does realise that we have to sing both poppy, lively songs and nice sweet ballady sings, and appreciates that we might get mixed up ... it doesn't sound so lovely though when we hang onto our roungher voices for softer songs. So then we tackled three gentler songs, The Rose, Song of the Sea, and I Dreamed a Dream. Strangely enough it was the latter that sounded screeched, to Ed. Were we all trying too hard to be Susan Boyle I wonder?

Next we sorted out the over laps in Let the River Run, so that sounded much less confused.

Big Finale, we make such a lovely job of this song, Chasing Cars, the harmonies sounded lovely. I am sure Ed went home with a little warm feeling inside, and slipped in yet another Tena-Lady joke without so much as a blush! Which does bring me to my last reminder of the day, mind you don't "we" too early...

Keep singing, remember we love you, yes you! .... XXXXXXX Cat XXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment