Easter Concert, 26 March 2010

Perfect Night ..

Last night Dorset for singing kicked some serious butt, but not Ed's this time, as we sat a-stage from the start of the concert until we climbed down at ten-past-nine. Choir members were shocked at the rumour that there would be no interval, and fantasised about a nice cup of tea. I was in the know, and stole a Kit-Kat from Michele while I was supposed to be helping Jim on the door.

Well, I know its been a really tough term this time around, lots of challenging songs and not enough time to practice them all - but I think we did really well and rocked the audiences socks off. Some impressive solos too, so that the whole thing blended into one seamless smorgasbord of talent. (Sorry about that last sentence, I just wanted it to sound better than whatever Michael sends to the Dorset Echo).

Not a huge audience the other night, but I do know that it included some choir members who had been other wise skiving from choir, but who are completely forgiven for turning up to support and cheer! Ruby was heckling us as usual ...

I think 'perfect day' was a huge success, and about as unrehearsed a choir song as you can get, and chasing cars had survived neglect very well too, my hubby liked that one. Our world war I song really got us moving, better do that at the start next time, and I love how it fits in with the spirit of this years charity of course, and their 'singing for the brain', and we raised a total of £438.31 for the charity!

and now its time for lunch, having written this blog post either side of a trip to Kinston Maurward. Hope to see as many of you at the Pavvy on Sunday, so pack up your troubles and get your butts at the stage door for 1.15pm.

love you! XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment