14 January 2010

Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll ….
And Happy Bloggiversary!

Hello Dorset for Singing, and welcome back to choir for 2010. We all squeezed into the music room as the hall as being used for an interesting talk! Jenny was particularly pleased to see some new faces again too, and most of us had a peep at Michael’ and Catherine’s new baby Ruby.

Time warp time tonight as we slipped into some Eighties numbers and an interesting selection it was too! You know how I am always telling you to sit and listen to the songs on repeat? Well here is the first one, by the magic of new bloggery blogs! Soon all those jumbly-up words will fit into the right places just like we did with ‘river of dreams’.



Video number two gave us such a giggle, especially as they kept singing ‘we are happy now,’ but they were very plainly not! And I remembered how when aged about 12 I had written some new lyrics for this song about dinner ladies!
There are some odd words that don’t make sense at all, but again, sit with you tube for a while and get your head around the phrasing.



Most people know bonnie Tyler’s songs; we are that kind of choir! I know a Welsh Mountain pony we can borrow for the concert, and we can scour the charity shops for lots of white nighties to wear!



Sorry if you were a bit squashed in the music room, our default setting is now the school hall, unless there are things going on there …see you next week choir, and ooh look, you can leave comments on this blog! I do hope you like it, and enjoy a poke around in the archives too. The Choir Blog is 1 year old…

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous15.1.10

    Ooooo, a comment, is this anonymous?? That would be so much fun if it was, then i could say anything about anyone as I have information! But I'm not telling you who I am, oh no, because that would spoil the mystery, I shall hint at who I am by way of a clever riddle:

    Not shy or reserved, I am known to observe,
    An occasional twirl, with the voice of a girl,
    Our audience find that I show my behind,
    I'm not Michael, who am I?

    Answers on a postcard to:
    Ed's mystery comment competition
    Ed's House

    The winner will receive a polite put down during rehearsals.

    ReplyDelete