15 December 2016

In a rare moment of generosity, I crossed the ridgeway with hubby to offer my limited services to DFS Dorch on the occasion of their fabulous Christmas concert. I took my African Nose Flute, my adjusted folder and my camcorder and bummed a lift with our Aussie contingent ahead of Michael and our car. 

DFS Dorchester is much smaller in number than DFS Weymouth but makes up in volume what it lacks in bodies, and I was impressed by the big, clear sound. In fact they almost drowned me out during parts of My Reckless
Love or so my recording would have it. I got most of the concert btw, and will be popping parts of it onto YouTube very soon, Christmas plans permitting. 

We had a smallish but happy audience and a few days later Ed posted to facebook, "Thank you to Dorset for Singing and friends for raising £245.15 for Diverse Abilities last night.  You rock to the core!" And I was impressed too. Everyone was very friendly and asked me to pop over again. Makes a change to blog for the other side. 

Have a great Christmas if I don't blog you sooner! Cat xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment