24 November 2016

Back in the common room again, and warming up with the DFS VLE. Remember that one? I once made good use of that one. This time the Your Late joke worked really well as everyone pointed at Carol. Nice. 

Last minute dot com found us thusly, as Ed had rushed off to find additional music and Jack asked me to find the drop box on my phone but I'm not sure how much I helped. 

The drop box was bulging anyway, with all backing tracks and lyrics in order and my recorder was burning a hole in my rucksack. Hasn't our choir master done well getting all this done 2 weeks before our concert? 3 weeks if you count Dorchester. 

Then Ed's phone was dead so the request went out for an internet active phone and I didn't put my hand up because I blog live, but while the search was on for a phone with Drop Box installed we started singing our Beetles Medley a Capella. Nice. 

Instead of singing lots I fetched the running order from the facebook page for you (my mouth is very sore tonight). And we set to, as Ed thought it would take an hour to sing it all. 

Set Order, Thursday 8th December, 7pm, All Saints School

Hello, Goodbye
Love is All Around
My Reckless Love
Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
Run
I Only Wanna Be With You
Bridge Over Troubled Water

(Solos/groups)

Is This the Way to Amarillo?
When We Were Young
A Winter’s Tale
Adiemus
Christmas Medley
Fairy Tale of New York

And Jack did a sterling job of downloading, fetching pasting and scrolling especially for all those without paper copies tonight. He dropped the backing track so you could hopefully hear me without that mic, and on we went singing our socks off. Because it's always HOT in the common room. 

The Exciting New Christmas Medley was blessed with an Exciting New Backing Track so we skipped Adele to have a shot at that. Plenty of jingle bells! A Winter's Tale also had a new backing track, and that was us for tonight, apart from random-oke and Ed scurried off to pull out a song, and ran back to Jack to have him probe YouTube. Suspicious Minds. 

Next week we meet again in the common room, and afterwoods there will be a meeting about next years DFS TOUR. 

Keep singing, as always, love Cat xx


No comments:

Post a Comment