10 November 2016

The one that started with a hum and an apple cake. If I get to taste it before I leave, I will review it for you. 

The concert is finalised, and Carol's still collecting for the raffle. Ed's making note of any other song suggestions for the choir, or solo performances like we love to do at half-time. A huge drum roll due, as £1036 was raised last year for MS Society. 

Warm after notices again, beginning with a huge round of AMEN and ending with a DUM DUM DIDDLE. Oh yeah. 

Our concert will start with our Beatles Medley, so it needs to be lively, so it was time for a new excersize in which we spoke out the words in an over-the-top fashion and amazingly, we still had the energy when we started singing. Nice. We did it exactly 1 million and 83 times better than last week. 

We have new lyrics for our Adele number, but the limited print outs for When We Were Young disappeared like hot (apple) cakes. And we did quite well but some people made the end of the first chorus go up. Naughty. Watch those sssssss guys we don't want any hanger-onners there! 

And because Fulvia had already handed out Christmas card, it was time for our Exciting New Christmas Medley, and proper feative it was too. It was only a temporary backing track which had been rushed out for use in the common room. 

Time to Never Let Her Slip Away to a well funky backing track which was fabulous. Especially the tambourine! It was quickly ditched for Ed playing in a brighter key. I don't  think that's our strongest song. 

Then I sang My Reckless Love with lovely choir oooohs and aaaaaahs and singing the choruses and bridge beautifully. I love to sing with DFS. 

Amarillo annoys the spell checker something rotten, but I wonder if the mid section will bring in signs or pillows for this number? We always have at least one song good for props and dressing up. Go for it Linda! Lovely huge intro. 

No one cheered for Adiemus but we do make a rather good job of it. Ed went over the harmony parts again before it was time for our treat, Random-oke! Ed got us on our feet after laughing out loud, as we belted out Man I Feel Like A Woman. I know who picked this and it wasn't me! What happens in choir, stays in choir. Unless it's blogged ...

Well done choir, you rocked it. As always. Remember I love ya, Cat xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment