6 October 2016

​The blog refused to load tonight, so I texted Mike where he sat on the boys row. That wasn't very Helpful though ... so i had to upload the next day using a HUGE chuggy old computer ...

Anyway, around several app crashes we fitted an energetic warm up which was mostly because Ed made us stand up. It really seemed to help warm all our parts.

Our Beatles Medley was our first song-sing tonight, almost in the wrong key, but we always sort things out, here at Dorset For Singing! Ed gave us a huge choice of notes to sing for that final 'Love!'

Adele next, When We Were Young! We had a full run through, then we were asked to run through using over the top voices, and open throats! And then after sounding like a drunk crowd we sang it nicely again! We really put something special into it!

Adiemus found me recorderless, but we seemed to have remembered quite a bit of it, and Ed showed us a new harmony but then he mixed up his right from his left. I think the lack of recorder solo threw Ed out a bit. A you tube video play helped lots.

A new song next, Nobody's Side, but it sounded a lot like Frozen if you ask me. Maybe I should've Let It Go, but I couldn't resist! Then Jack told us that the singer we were listening to on YouTube actually played Elsa. Ooo, I'm good! I hadn't heard the song before, so I listened while the choir sang on.

 A slice of American Pie next, although I found it rather high!

I Wanna Know What Love Is was also about finding a key to fit, as it really does have a big range! This is going to sound awesomely wonderfully! Our karaoke choice was Fields Of Gold followed by Red Red Wine.

Keep singing, until next time, when we look forward to a little something from down under ...  I Love You All, Cat x

No comments:

Post a Comment