13 October 2016

The one with my new App ... which was nice because I like to blog and go! 

Don't forget as we warm up and sing, to vote for your favourite Any-oke, at the end of our session tonight. Then we warmed up. Nice. 

In notices, Ed asked us where we came from. Haha I knew where this was going, shout-outs for Weymouth, Portland, Dorchester and surrounding ensued. But who has travelled furthest? Kervyn won that one, coming from Perth along with his lovely wife Rhonda! They might well be the most distant blog fans we have ever had, too!

The choir meeting is still to be arranged, so look out for that. Then Ed plugged some of his up coming events including a very special one and I'll upload some links soon if I can. 

Beatles Medley first, starting with the last 'love' which we worked on last week. That sounded good until we actually came to sing it at the end of the song, when everyone was mostly too scared. Then we were introduced to a rather sweet harmony for the Ticket To Ride  section. Penny Lane came under the disection knife too! I was very happy to here those northern flat-vowels put firmly in place!

And when we sang it through on our feet, and Ed was impressed that we corrected our mistakes, and then he fancied a bit of Cat singing so I wore the Terry Wogan mic and fronted mine and Ed's baby, My Reckless Love.

American Pie will I future be sung by soloists, but tonight we had a run through and that was fun, although it felt very long. 

Ed said, feel free to improvise in this next one, so I did a bit. I Wanna Know What Love Is can be one of those songs everyone thinks they know until they try and sing it. This song requires .... The Fist of Pure Emotion ... Ed demonstrated. A bit less St Winifred's School Choir and a bit More Bon Jovi. It was oodles better. 

Everyone groaned when it was time for Adiemus and I got lines for forgetting my recorder again. Moving swiftly on ... to Never Let It Slip Away because Ed had to streak away early, to be a secret Elton, so we all went home happy to be part of the creative delight that is DFS! 

No one can leave though until we play Any-oke, and tonight's treat was Thank You For The Music! So on our feet were we, again! And we did it so well we did You Raise Me Up! Well done DFS and them down under, I Love You XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment