12 June 2014

The one where Fulvia ruined the hiss with one of her pouts. Then we went all gregorian with a wonderful low hum ....

Tonight we did notices before warm-ups and embarked on a massive singathon through the rainbow, I mean through the 20th century which we have already left far behind us. Sorry about that I just typed what we sung!

I had enoght time to take a breath and list the numbers in our marathon, apart from the ones I am much too young to know of course...

Dream a little dream of me
Somewhere over the rainbow
It don't mean a thing (if it ain't got that swing)
A nightingale sang in Berkeley Square
You make me feel so young
Oh! Carol!
Top of the world
The shoop shoop song
I wanna be the only one

Then we discussed how well we felt the songs had gone, popping them into piles of yes, no, and potential. The shoop shoop song won, and then we looked again at Dream a little dream of me, including the original key via YouTube. Then Ed lifted it to c + 3 and we had at it all over again. Bonus points if you remember who wrote it ...

Then we did Somewhere over the rainbow again but all I could here was the sublime Eva Cassidy version, so this time I did some listening to us being Judy Garland, weighing up pies, and sliding all over the place like top trombone players. Somewhere Rover doesn't bare mentioning here. Then we sang it scared, and it was much better. Key is E flat minus 3... 10 out of 10 for lyrics the like of which we don't see nowadays!

Back to the nightingale again in E flat minus 2 ... Followed by You make me feel so young, but most wanted to drop down a little on account of that high note! B flat - 2 helped to keep away from a weaker sound on the high parts. Then Ed demonstrated a cool, funky ending. 

Oh! Carol! Being rather high the first time around had another outing, and felt much more comfortable at G - 4!

Back On top of the world again were we, and that old thigh slap helped us to leave the meaningful gap that was missing in the first run through! We did ok with the original key and Ed reminded us of the lovely man parts we tried last time. Oooer.

Cher voices out for a bit more shoop shoop, and we lovely DFS fell naturally into a balanced split and Mr Ed was pleased, then showed us some harmony parts for the mid section. 

Squeezing in secret love to finish, I felt all gooey and lovely as I listened to the lyrics, coz it's no secret I love you to bits and you fully deserved your round of applause! Well done Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment