16 March 2012

The Most Outstanding concert!

"Thank you all for another uplifting fantastic concert, £180 was raised for our 2 charities and £180 for the church. You all sound amazing together and made my spine tingle. x" Jenny H, the Choir-masters wife.

"I had an extra £5 given right at the end, so using my clever maths skills, make that £185. I'd like to add that in my humble opinion, that was by far the best performance Dorset for Singing has ever done, thank you all so much xxxx" Ed H, our proud Choir Master!

A princely sum indeed, the church may well need a new roof after we finished raising it! I think some of our great power came from deep within each of us, from knowing just how awesome and lovely we all are, and some of is came from trying to out-do the backing on that amazing wand of a speaker. The folk at the back who felt that they would not be heard can rest assured, the sound heard in the body of the church was a brilliant blend of well rehearsed and strong, clear young voices!

Father Fionn was very glad to welcome us back, for the third time now to All Saints Church, and I'm certain sure it wont be the last time! There will be much more tingling to be had. I think i was thr only one in the pew doing the backing for Ed, and people looked at me funny. Never mind. Love you, see you Thursday for our last practice xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment