20 October 2011

SOFT KARAOKE

Lovely, swanky new surroundings for tonight's practice, Purple carpet wall-to-wall (so no re-verb to be had)shiny aqua coloured wall beams and chairs that can't be slouched in. Must buy a handbag just so I can 'plant' my feet firmly! But not till 2 weeks time anyway, as of course next week is half term! Don't turn up then, but the week after, back in the common room again.

We have fun today with the karaoke machine that is Ed's Tyros 3, and some awesome songs, all picked from our requests and some well known songs for a good sing-a-long. When we arrived at choir, Jack played that old carpenters number, 'sing a song', and I warned him, saying I would tell his Dad! Imagine my surprised when Jack told me it was on our play list! It has only taken me three and a bit years to wear Ed down then!

A date has been set for our end-of-term-concert, singing carols in the cold streets, and having a drink together after, just for fun! Shall I dig out that mangy old rat again? He does know all the words of course! Have a lovely half term folks, and don't forget to sing 'dum-dum-diddley' in a mysterious way, while pushing your trolleys around ASDA XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment