12 November 2010

Two Encores!

So Dorset for Singing, resplendent as ever in blue tops and black bottoms, revisited again the Weymouth Bay Methodist church, where the delightful audience wondered why I was singing into a microphone that wasn't switched on at the end of 'Story of a Heart'. Carol said it sounded nice anyway...

I managed to get a last minute babysitter and train ticket for Hubby, who was pleased to hear just how far we had come, having not been to a concert since our last All Saints School hall gig! So give yourselves a pat on the back, DFS!

And again, a lovely, lively mix of soloists, from Hymns, musicals, folk and pop from many decades. Rachel told me on facebook she had bought a fun Monsters Inc. top just for her solo, and very cheerful it was too. I had a stroke, did you? I had a good look at everyones bottoms when they were soloing, but we wont linger there ...

Ed section was bigger than some of us thought it would be, I think he got carried away with all the cheese, and my favourite was 'Take on Me', and the way he waggles his eyebrows!

Actually I am most excited about our two encores, because that has never happened before, and we have also been asked back again in the future to entertain this lovely audience, who don't mind being outnumbered by our musical selves! And a fantastic £285 was raised, to share between the two charities! Well done choir, sound man, choir master, choir manager and blogger, but mostly choir, thank you for another great night! xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment