11 Feb 2010

Going Out With A Bang!

Well its half term next week so don’t turn up at choir. But do turn up here next week when I’ll have a special treat for you … or maybe not.

Ed certainly acted like the world - or half term - was about to end, as he plunged us into a vigorous warm up and threatened to march us through all ten new songs. It didn’t happen of course. Seasons of love is so very layered and complicated that we had to work on it for several hours, until offered some light relief provided by ‘Star Maker‘. This is a song for BIG EGOS, and yes, its one of Ed’s choir choices! So just think yourself into the shoes of those American kids, dreaming their dreams, and paying in sweat, everyone should imagine that this is their solo, to get that very special powerful sound. Heck, I do that all the time.

The Glee cover is certainly starting to sound like it belongs to us now. Its very upbeat and just right for a cold dark night, so no more grumpy faces folks. Incidentally, I found This Link which is well sung and shows the different parts of the song. We seem to be missing some bah-da-dahs …

Actually this choir practice was so busy that I did feel as though all has merged into one big song. But I must add that Ed gave up the biggest thrill of all when he said we had sounded at our best ever. Wow. I wiped a little tear from my eye. This is what its about folks.

Anyway, I’m sure you have some work to do. Look back next week when I will show some edited candid-camera footage of some of the grumpiest faces at choir. But you will all be very happy now, as there is no more YMCA song! Have a good half-term break, and thanks to Dave, for following the blog and leaving our second comment xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment