5 October 2023

Our new Warm up is DONA NOBIS PACEM and we split into three. Not each of us, individually, I mean the choir. I tried to follow the dots. 


I don’t think I truthfully got the hang of this one the last time we did it, when we sang out of all saints school, but it can be good to sit and listen, I lost my voice last week hence the no-blog. 

We DUM DUM DIDDLED … 

The Brain Tumour Charity will be supported by choirs events and concerts this year. On dec 16th at 2pm we will be singing at The Island Garden Nursery in Upwey. It will be all mince pies, mulled wine and a bit of a flashmob. 

THE SKY BOAT SONG filled the hall and Ed sang a harmony from the piano. It was a little under-sung. Brighter and clearer voices, please choir! 

With the original track blasting, we sang along to YOUNG HEARTS RUN FREE. And then used the backing track to have a go. Have a listen at home DFS. 

Don’t forget the magic gap in I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU. It’s an ode to a banana isn’t it? More energy and softer ts are needed. And Ed was pleased. 

My favourite next, a bit of Fleetwood Mac. DON’T STOP. Sorry I sang it competently differently to everyone in the room. I’ve been singing with Christine MacVie since I was 17.

Just before we sang ALL OF ME Ed told us the exciting news that we will be doing a Stock-Aiken-and-Watermelon mash up in the near future! A bit of Kylie and Jason to look forward to then. 

We stood to enjoy LIVING ON A PRAYER, before slipping away in the darkness with ear worms in our hearts. Hmmm maybe not. 

Well done DFS. KEEP SINGING xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment