6 October 2022

Here for anyone not on Facebook is our Drop Box Link - 

Our Drop Box Link

Our Christmas concerts are booked for the 7th and 8th in our respective churches and a Christmas Cracker on the 11th of December. I’m sure we can look forward to learning Christmas Medley songs soon. After these fabulous facts we warmed up. 

Ave Verum Corpus to begin with, listening to Kings College acing it. Nothing like a bit of Mozart to get the party started. It actually made me fancy a few Christmas carols. Alexa? 

We have a show of hands for our preferred parts. This being a four part adventure. Ed sat at the piano and sang the alto part. Is there anyone else who wonders what they should be doing when? Takes me back to my days with Inverness Choral Society and I couldn’t quite read dots then either! 

Remember that our drop box has links to recordings of the parts, if you want to check those out this week. Ed felt like our song was coming together and reminded us to sing VERgin not virgin. 

Next, before explaining why he wants us to sing it, we tackled Four Chords. I have been playing this on my iPad while I cook dinner. It was actually mooted as a way to learn some new songs. So he said. There are a lot we don’t know in this entity that is Four Chords. There are even longer versions on YouTube btw. 

And How Deep Is Your Love? Check out Jacob Collier teaching this on YouTube. Lesley is going to ask Alexa. It sounded lovely. Ed woke up the iPad to conduct from the front. 

When first released The Sound Of Silence it flopped. Only when remixed and revamped did it do any good and Paul Simon and Fart Carbuncle went on to do great things. 

Ed sat at the piano to run through the harmony. And so we sang. Lovely lovely and jolly good. 

Time for Calypso which I also enjoyed in my kitchen this last week. It pairs perfectly with The Wellerman. We had a listen to that and a sing along with it. Must add it to your homework this week! 

At almost 8.30 there was enough time to squeeze in our The Greatest Showman and we stood to perform. 

Well done DFS. It’s not your awesomeness that makes me love you.  Cat xxx 




No comments:

Post a Comment