30 September 2021

Ed and Jack did a thorough sound check and someone told me I got the month late. So I edited that. It’s a little cold in the hall so we might be in need of a more physical warm-up as winter approaches, with all the ventilation requirements. 

But we did do some vocal-sizes and no star jumps. 

Ed gave is a recap of Jack’s life since lockdown started (nice) and reminded us about our concert (read last week if you didn’t come) and announced that the new ABBA song will have to go up a pitch or two to suit our young fresh voices. 

First song of the night is an old friend California Dreamin’ but it rather lacked the melody and the brightness of higher cheek bones! Do sing winner and not winter otherwise it sounds a bit jam and Jerusalem. 

Christmas Concerts are not on the radar yet. But we could do an outdoor thing. We slipped into Make You Feel My Love don’t forget your aaaaaahs in the second verse. We agreed that the key was comfortable for Ed to make a backing track or two, and that Jack will get some links on the website on Saturday because the weather will be pants. Blowing in your face. Best stay home and sing then. 

Time for a Wartime Medley with rats, cats and bats to sing about. What fun we had in the olden days! Oh we did have fun packing up our travels and smiling those cheeks higher! 

ABBA song time, but first and anecdote. ABBA recently made a comeback but they are going to come back all holographically so we might go to said hologram concert on a coach together. Won’t that be fabulous. 

I Still Have Faith In You lead to a two man tinkering on the piano, and we were off, in a new key. I don’t mean we were off key. (Plus 2) (transpose is function and f sharpe and f in case Ed forgets). 

We decided to top and tail If You Could Read My Mind which I still don’t know oops, mind you I had members sitting nearer so my own mistakes as loud this week, hooray! We stood to perform. Well, when I said we I was bending the truth a bit. This song is my homework, what’s yours? 

Wow well done DFS. It’s so good to be back isn’t it? Keep singing but only where it’s safe to do so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment