17 March 2016

Ed started by flashing Isle Of Whyte receipts and asking for money. You have one more week to settle up which is good, because we are here next week. 

11.30 on the 5th June is our confirmed slot for the Best of Dorset. Drop box. I'll just leave that there and say Thank You Jenny. 

Ed was mic'd up, and down in the deep with his 'cold' voice ... I hope I didn't give it to anyone. I felt very strange listening to everyone warm up using 'Somewhere' which I didn't know at all. 

Then it was time to sing Somewhere properly, so I thought about finally starting to play Candy Crush but I didn't. This is going to be a start gently and build song, and I don't mean when I learn it and join in. This is going to be a challenge to sing, and I find myself quite unable to say why at the moment without the blog hitting an all time low. Rock bottom. 

Choir were split into two lady parts, to share the first verse. Be careful with the long Uuuuuus they need an Aaaah sound   and only one tiny 's' at the end. Then after a run through we stood to perform, with a note first from Ed requesting clear notes, no sliding or vibrato at all ...

And I didn't even know it was from West Side Story. Shall I get my coat?

Karen carpenter time now, yippee! Oh such fun blogging live! This is def for you if you like low notes. We start with the low voices and harmony parts come in later ... Ed thought we were sounding grand. 

Then it was time for our Mowtown Medley, something of a singing marathon to clear those lungs. Or clear the room. I think this little number had a few exposed parts. 

Total Eclipse of the Heart next. So epic. Well, potentially. We edited the lyrics some more too so the song wouldn't last over 10 minutes. 

In Video Killed The Radio Star Ed picked me to be the final lady. Eeep. This turns out to be the arty fade that we can do and sounds way better than Karen Carpenter disappearing down the sliders. 

Make You Feel My Love was our final song. That was nice and flowed nicely, and we had time to squeeze in Do you hear the people sing and it was eveyone on their feet again! 

Well done everyone see you next well xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment