4th February 2016

This week, as Cat was away, Dear Leader has written a blog poem:

This week as Cat was poorly
I thought I'd do the blog
To make it slightly different
I'd rhyme the words I log

We started with a warm-up
Extending vowels again
Some ta ta tas, and ooha and ahs
And finished with  'Amen'

Then onto our first number
We harmonised some bars
And did the song great justice
A classic 'Life on Mars'

Then came a little story
That choir needed to know
About 'Absolute 80's'
On my new DAB radio

So with this inspiration
We sorted out two parts
And all were Bonnie Tyler
With a Total Eclipse of the Heart

We scrubbed out a whole paragraph
And sang 'I'm in the dark'
Then got really excited
And screeched 'giving off sparks'

Onto our song number 3
About a Radio Star
And Video that killed him
And went a bit too far

Then Elbow had an airing
It's sounding quite high-brow
With lots of lovely harmonies
And several holy cows

We finished with a song request
The choice of two great songs
The Floral Dance for Terry
Or Something Inside So Strong

Labi Siffre was the choice
Your singing did impress
As we closed another practice
I love you DfS 

by Ed hintze aged 42-ish

No comments:

Post a Comment