10 December 2015

The Most Wonderful Night Of The Year

DFS performed two Christmassy concerts this year, the first in Dorch and the second in our old haunt, at All Saints School, where it felt like we had not been for some time!

I as Carnival Queen got the greatest honour of Launching the Weymouth event, announcing Ed in true unrehearsed woffly fashion. Such fun. Another one for my bucket-list this year!

And there was some singing too. Choir sang their socks off to a packed hall, saving the seasonal jollities until the second half, if you don't count the harming solo rendition of Silver Bells in our middle section!

Fabulous raffle prizes, fun games and an auction all helped to fill our charity buckets. It was also a pleasure to don sash and crown again and help Jim with the Heads and Tails game, I know I wasn't picked for my tossing skills. I'm one-eye-sighted, so please don't throw coins at me ever! Both concerts together raised over 800 of your British pounds for our chosen charities.

A fabulous solo section this year with lots of brave and confident performers, from 7 to ... as tall as Big Ron. I pushed myself by being Sam Smith/James Bond and proved I listen when my choir master is sharing wisdom by being more careful with diction than Mr Smith. DFS has had many reminders about running words together and missing ends, over the years!

The Christmas section saw the appearance of Ben, the pesky rat. He hadn't shown up since a carol concert we performed once outside debenhams in the square. He lost his had twice but at least he knew all the words!

An equally festive encore finished the night off good and properly and I took my tired happy Fuzzies off home to bedlam. 

See you next week for carols organised by Julia and Ron, followed by Kareoke in The Golden Lion at 8pm. What to sing? I'll drop you a line then to wish you A Happy Christmas, Lots Of Love, Cat xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment