Dorchester Choir 29/4/15

The technology failed us this week, so we shared words, the one week I didn"t have my folder as I left in a hurry! typical! But it turned out to be a good exercise in remembering and I think we surprised ourselves.

The warm up was really fun, Ed was waving his arms like an air traffic controller, sending us up, down and all over the place. It sounded very harmonious and raised a few giggles.

Ed spoke about the concert on Friday the 8th May at All Saints Church Portland, its at 7-30 and will be a lovely one to ease us in. Iit's a very relaxed evening, and we will have the Weymouth choir to hold us up, not literally of course, we can go to the pub afterwards.

The choir mostly wear the uniform t shirt, as long as we get the colour right we can wear any top,with black bottoms. The colours are purple, orange, powder blue, sunshine yellow, lime green, and I think there is bright pink, if you look on the website at the choir logo, these are the colours. 

Now for some songs, we started with Don't Sleep in The Subway. Ed complimented us on not being a 'warbley' choir, and believe me this is a real compliment. According to Ed, we sound like a young choir, I for one will be taking extra care with hair and make up on Friday week!

Round Round Get Around was next up, we are really giving this one some wellie now.

A little Help from My Friends , Reach Out, and to finish, Breaking Up is Hard to Do. I think The King and I was in there somewhere, must pay more attention, too busy having fun, but after all is said and done, that is why we love DORSET FOR SINGING !                                                                                    

         See you next time, Carole M x                         

No comments:

Post a Comment