29 January 2015

The one without poorly Jack ...

Ed showed off the new hot link on the DFS hame page leading straight to the DFS YouTube Chanel so you can all get right on with your homework when you have read this blog ...

Last night Ed forgot the words to dum-dum-diddley. Let's never let him forget it! Everyone needs to keep a look out for his missing memory stick, last seen resting on his lanyard. Sorry about the massive hiccup. I seem to have turned into my dad. Maybe I'll never live that down, either! 

While the mixing desk didn't look well, it was really fine. It comes out on flexible arms. The call from Jenny was charming to say the least. Well hello, Jenny!

Tonight's new song was 'On The Street Where You Live'. I felt like the only one who didn't know it and that was good because I felt very young! Ed taught us a harmony for the BVs, and we had a go once Jenny had put the phone down. Remember folks, if you are off-sick-from-choir you can now join in by Skype. DFS living the 21st century. 

The middle-eight really demands a tap dance but no one was up for it. We are not really a set of dancing queens. 

Next notices. Ed read out a nice Mo Jive poster but I couldn't get it all down. See Becky/Paddington for details. Then he plugged the Elton show tomorow and I can't wait. Ed was also on radio Solent again for half and hour, talking choir on Saturday. 

'I Get Around', was the next thing to tackle. Brand new to choir and blimey complicated if you ask me. We didn't have any groovy, braketed and colour coded words on account of the missing stick. But it started to make sense after ed broke it down lots. 

In the middle of that last nights (Dorch) blog post arrived and I quickly slapped it up! Anything to look busy and not sing any bum notes. I did enjoy the bit where Ed ran out of air! But we did make progress. Yes, I know! Finally we had some volunteers to whoo-woo at the special place for those sort of things! I would just like to know what making bread means in this song. I do hope it's not frightfully rude ....

Moving on, after quite a while, we downloaded chicken-tikka. Well, Jenny-as-Jack did ... Ed and Julie demonstrated the Low harmony. It's a third below for anyone that that means anything to. 

Next week we will be back in the diner, as the hall is occupied. You will find it beneath the common room. 

'Don't sleep in the Subway' to end with. Ed thanked us for our hard work, then shared the superb total we raised for charity for our Christmas concert. Everyone cheered. Much love and keep singing, Cat xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment