10 July 2014

Back in the common room again, DFS followed on from the oxford exclusives and started with notices insead of a warm up. 

Ed asked for requests for lyrics, so that he can bring them on concert night. This was our very last rehearsal and we had the song order ready to run through. I will be printing mine last minute as usual and hoping I don't run out of ink!

Big changes next year to folders for lyrics, and less use of the big screen. I did notice last week just how much you stared at the thing instead of looking at me!

Finally our warm up was singing happy birthday to Jigsaw-Jenny then right on with our songs!

Secret Love - mind the gap!

Dream a little dream - nice big, confident BUMS please men! Ba-ba-ba-ba-Bum!

On top of the world -  ooops bit of an unsynchopated start there! I wonder if that's even a word?

Long and windy road - fine, I fixed that one last week! When I had such fun!

Heaven is a place on earth - free 'woo' too! Nice a Capella too!

Sing - with Linda as Catherine's stand in for Pavillion night. Very nice too Linda. It's always nice to hear new soloists at DFS, even this late into the academic year. 

So happy together - we were tired tonight perhaps we wore ourselves out cracking this one last week too!

The shoop shoop song - hold those lovely long notes. 

You make me feel so young - mind the gaps!

First of May Edge - we did ok it was just two lines missing from the words!

A nightingale sang in Berkeley square - it will be alright on the night folks.. 

Somewhere over the rainbow - our official last song. A very controlled song. Enough of the beery sliding!

You raise me me up - our secret encore. I'll make sure Mike shouts MORE very loudly!

Big round of appluase anyone. You made sure you didn't peak too soon! Email Ed if you want backing tracks and call me if you need a conductor. Love you xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment