28 November 2013

The one were we got into position ...

But first we started with a nice carol, round the Christmas tree. The brave and strong may attempt the descant parts of course! We had fun deleting 2/5 of In The Bleak Mid Winter, so that should help us fast forward to spring! There are some very odd verses in there if you ask me!

And then we got ino concert position, ready for our concert in 2 weeks time! And sang through King And I Number! Got reminded to SMILE as usual, then we sat back down again and worked out way through our running order. Ed didn't ask me for the keys this time, and I mostly rested my voice on account of having a cold. 

The First of May was sung with passion, this week in the key of C-2, up slightly from last week. No it's beginning to sound like I'm doing 'the charts'. A childhood listening to Radio One on Sunday nights, me thinks!

Somewhere Only We Know was followed by A Winter's Tale. I asked for the keys and promptly forgot them!

Next week we will be in the common room making room for a Christmas Market! You could always buy some popcorn to much through during the practice. No throwing it at Ed if his microphone goes pop or slips down his cleavage ...

Keep singing my dears, as it's less than two weeks until our pavvy concert! XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment