25 February 2011

This one’s for you...

Last night a nervous but extremely good Dorset for Singing played to a half-church packed with eager choir fans. I say only half a church, as we needed the other half to include choir members, a screen for the words, and a quiet corner for jack to eat chocolate brownies and for Jenny to play solitaire.

Our choir’s third year and good name means that we get asked back to venues, and so we are busy as ever, cramming new songs into our choir practices and honing our crowd pleasers to perfection. And churches may not have been built with acoustics in mind, but we really sang the roof off and made our audience smile, and sounded great. My favourite bit was Ed’s Cat-got-the-cream smile at the end of one of our brand new songs, when he looked genuinely pleased with our performance, and said, for his choir only, ‘perfect!’

Not so many soloists this time, just enough to break up the songs a bit. Someone asked me how i choose my solos and I couldn’t think of an easy answer, but then it hit me – I have to feel good singing it and prefer to have Ed play live for me too! I was a bit worried this time that he wouldn’t let me sing one of ‘his’ songs!

Thanks Dorset for Singing, yet again, I am filled with enormous love for you, and dead proud to be a small part of you, I love it when we get asked to do an encore, I am sure that didn’t happen in the old days! Thanks also to All Saints tea makers, who fuelled us at half time with drinks and biccies galore! See you Thursday xXXx

No comments:

Post a Comment